Nationally recognized as military- and veteran-trusted, UMGC is the clear choice for those who serve.
University of Maryland Global Campus has steadfastly served the U.S. armed forces since 1947. No one can match our experience and dedication in serving you.
We Understand Military Challenges
We offer flexible academic programs and tailored support. We make starting school and earning your degree as streamlined and frustration-free as possible, which starts with our tuition rates specific for UMGC Europe military students and eligible civilians. And no matter where you may be, a UMGC degree can help you get started or get ahead in a rewarding career.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose UMGC
Today, we enroll more than 50,000 military servicemembers, veterans, and military family members. Here are five reasons why you should join them.
- Respect for the military and veterans: Nationally recognized as a military- and veteran-trusted university, UMGC understands military life and is at the ready to empower you to succeed.
- Global footprint: With 140+ worldwide locations, dedicated staff and faculty on bases around the globe, and 50+ sites at military bases in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, UMGC is a leading provider of education services to the U.S. armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Flexible learning formats: We offer 90+ degrees, specializations, and certificates, almost all available entirely online, plus 50+ locations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East offering on-site and hybrid classes directly on the bases where you are stationed.
- Regional accreditation: As a regionally accredited university, UMGC adheres to standards set by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, one of six regional accreditation agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- University System of Maryland membership: UMGC is one of the 12 member institutions of the renowned University System of Maryland.
More Great Reasons to Join UMUC
You could qualify for benefits that help you afford your education, including tuition assistance, an annual stipend, payments to cover loans, and more.