University of Maryland Global Campus offers a wide variety of opportunities to help you achieve your educational goals. UMGC scholarships are available to students based on merit and/or financial need; award amounts may vary. Please check your MyUMGC 'To Do List' to see if you have been identified as being eligible to apply for a UMGC scholarship.
We encourage you to apply for additional outside scholarship funding. Check out our listing of military-related scholarship programs to help you fund your education:
- Alumni Winter Term Scholarship 2020
- Pillars of Strength Scholarship for caregivers of wounded servicemembers
- $500 New Student Scholarship
- Student Success Scholarship for new students enrolled in LIBS 150 or PACE 111
- $500 Student Appreciation Scholarship for current students enrolled in Summer 2020
Please note: UMGC employees and their family members are not eligible for UMGC scholarships.
Military Scholarship Programs
- UMGC-NMFA Scholarship for Military Spouses
- AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship
- National Military Family Association
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship
- Air Force Aid Society: General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
- Pat Tillman Foundation
Helpful Scholarship Databases
- UMGC scholarship database
- College Board.org
- Scholarship Resource Network Express
How to Apply
- The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)
- Next, view additional scholarship information
- If you are eligible to apply for a scholarship, you will be notified via e-mail and in your MyUMGC "To Do List"
Scholarship Funds Update
The priority deadline for submitting a UMGC scholarship application has passed. If you have an outstanding scholarship application available to you in MyUMGC, you may still complete it at this time (Please note: submission of scholarship application does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship). If additional funding becomes available, students who have met the pre-screened eligibility requirements will be invited to apply for scholarships at that time.
Additional Scholarship Information
Unless otherwise stated, the minimum enrollment requirement during the award period is 6 credits. UMGC scholarships are generally awarded for the fall and/or spring semesters only. Employees of UMGC and their dependents, as well as persons who receive remission of fees from other institutions, are not eligible to apply for UMGC institutional scholarships or to receive UMGC institutional grants.
If you receive a UMGC scholarship, you must complete 100 percent of your coursework during each enrollment period. If you receive an award for the academic year (fall and spring) but do not complete 100 percent of the coursework during the fall semester, your award will be automatically canceled for the spring semester.
Renewal awards are not guaranteed, and you must reapply each year. You may receive more than one UMGC scholarship or grant award per academic year.