Join the Student Services and Financial Aid team in our remote office using Zoom at: https://umuc.zoom.us/j/840013102
In addition to tuition assistance options, you may have questions about how you can fund your education. Please know that there are many financial aid options available to you while you are serving your country. Here are four additional funding options:
Federal Student Aid
Many active duty servicemembers could be eligible to apply for Federal Pell Grants, which are need-based financial awards that do not have to be repaid. How to apply:
- Complete the FAFSA for the appropriate award year
- Use UMGC school code 011644
- Please note: Awards may be given retroactively if you are eligible
- See the full steps on how to apply
- Check the FAQs
Help is available 24/7 at 24/7 Help Center
Post 9/11 GI Bill®1
Servicemembers can use veterans education benefits while on active duty - here's how:
- To active your benefits, visit the GI Bill® website and click "Apply for Benefits"
- Complete and submit the online VA 22-1990 form using Vets.gov
- Please note: Be sure to use the start date of the class for which you wish to receive VA benefits
- After registering for classes, request VA benefits in MyUMGC
TIP: Federal grants and loans can be used in conjunction with your VA benefits so you can take advantage of as many funding options as possible.
Monthly Payment Plan
UMGC Europe offers a convenient payment plan with 0% interest so you can spread your tuition payments over a number of months.
- Learn more about the UMGC Europe Payment Plan
- Applications are due by a specific date, but if you miss the deadline, ask your local program coordinator how to get an extension on paying for tuition fees.
Other helpful links
1 GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.