Choose from our graduate certificates to develop credentials that will help set you apart from the crowd.
A graduate certificate is a professional credential that represents the successful completion of graduate-level study in a specific area. UMGC Europe offers nine IT certificate programs and one cybersecurity technology certificate.
The certificates are designed specifically for individuals who are updating current knowledge and skills, enhancing existing credentials, or working toward a master's degree. Each five-course, 15 credit IT certificate can typically be completed in one year. The graduate certificate in cybersecurity technology requires 18 credits of coursework and can typically be completed in one year.
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMGC (0 Credits, UCSP 615)
- The cybersecurity technology certificate does not require UCSP 615.
- UCSP 615 must be taken within the first 6 credits of study.
- UCSP 615 may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.
Cybersecurity Technology Certificate
Database Systems Technology Certificate
Foundations of Information Technology Certificate
Homeland Security Management Certificate
- Concepts in Homeland Security (3 Credits, HSMN 610)
- Critical Infrastructures (3 Credits, HSMN 625)
- Resilience Planning and Preparedness for Disaster Response and Recovery (3 Credits, HSMN 630)
- Information Technology in Emergency Management (3 Credits, EMAN 620)
- The Law, Regulation and Ethics of Information Assurance (3 Credits, INFA 660)
- HSMN 610 must be taken as one of the first two courses in the program.
- Information Technology Foundations (3 Credits, ITEC 610)
- Information Systems Infrastructure (3 Credits, ITEC 626)
- Relational Database Systems (3 Credits, DBST 651)
- Foundations of Information Security and Assurance (3 Credits, INFA 610)
- IT Acquisitions Management (3 Credits, IMAT 637)
- ITEC 610 must be taken in the first term of coursework.
Information Assurance Certificate
Project Management Certificate
- Foundations of Project Management (3 Credits, PMAN 634)
- Quantitative Methods in Project Management (3 Credits, PMAN 635)
- Project Risk Management (3 Credits, PMAN 637)
- Project Communications Management (3 Credits, PMAN 638)
- Project Quality Management (3 Credits, PMAN 639)
- PMAN 634 is prerequisite to all other PMAN courses and must be taken as the first course.
- MGMT 640 or ITEC 640 (or an approved course in finance) and MGMT 650 (or an approved course in statistics) must be taken before PMAN 635.
- PMAN 635 must be taken before PMAN 637 and PMAN 639.